Saturday, January 12, 2008

Miss Buttons tells Dog Show stories


From Miss Buttons,

Hello Cindy, you have not had the privilege of meeting me yet in person. I am quite sure you will. And as with most people, you will find me totally adorable, intelligent, and such a diva. Mom and I have done a lot of stuff together. We have a lot of stories. I do not know where to begin, but let's go.

I am retired from the show ring now. Unfortunately, the judges are paranoid about putting up an older lady in the ring. Although, we overlook how old some of those old farts are, they do not have open minds. In my day, I was a style setter.

One of my boyfriends at the shows was the number 1 bully in the nation for about 2 years. His name was Rock My World. I called him Rock. He always shared his ice water with me. His mom and my mom really like to talk to each other and she is a neat person. Rock and I had a small disagreement one day. You see, mom and I decided it was not necessary for me to ever get pregnant. I like puppies, just as long as they are hanging on someone else. It would be impossible to clean a puppy also. That what baby wipes are for. Back to Rock, he tried to be a little too flirtatious, if you catch my drift, I tolerated it for a moment, but he had to be put into his place. So I just turned and quickly tried to bite his ear off. Of course, his mom almost fainted, mom grabbed me back. No damage was done, but he learned his lesson.

I had some fun in West VA one time. We went over on a Saturday night and stayed at a motel across from the civic center. We dragged a wiener dog with us, (mom sometimes does really stupid things) Aunt Sherry was with us. My Uncle Greg and Aunt Susan were showing those chessies of theirs too. We walked into the lobby of the hotel and I knew they were waiting for me. Mirrors were on both sides of the walls of the lobby. I stopped, looked to the left and then to the right, saw I was perfect and moved up to the desk for my key.

I then proceeded to go get on the elevator and go to our room. Once there, I called for room service and took a bubble bath and was dry by the time the food arrived. The ribs were not too bad. I had to go outside for my last evening walk. Mom and I went to the elevator. We had to wait for it. Down the hall were 2 women with 3 afghan hounds. They yelled and asked us to hold the elevator. We did, when they got there, the owners sashayed into it and then looked at mom and said they thought it was full, well, one snarl from me and those 3 Afghans glued themselves to the back wall of the elevator. One look from mom and the 2 women glued themselves to one side of the elevator. Mom and I had plenty of room then. Coming back inside, the Afghans decided they needed to exercise more so mom and I rode up alone.

Sunday morning came; we went over to the civic center and got to the bulldog section. There were people sitting around the ring. We did not know anyone, most of the time I showed in NC, so these were different competitors. I am very gracious outside of the ring and usually wear clothing. But when it is my time to show, my clothes come off and my game face goes on. I know the routines by heart. Most friends say I do not even need mom, I could show myself. The judge pointed at me to win and that is when the crowd got nasty. I heard them say bad things like it was fixed and crooked. That was not true. I asked mom what happened, she said they were jealous. She said not to worry, there were benefits to having a mom her size and besides she could be just as tough cause she was born in WV, but they did not know that. So I stood proud and took my ribbons and left the ring. I did tell mom she had better grab the wiener dog. Greg, Susan, and sherry were at the chessie ring, so they missed the action. We hung around and mom showed the wiener, well, she tried too; he was not behaving well and lost. Later we went back to WV but never saw those people again. If you cannot win and lose graciously, stay home.

I have some other funny stories that I will tell later. I represented the armed forces of Roanoke. I did runway modeling for the rescue mission. I am also pictured in a poodle book. More about that stuff later. Below are some pictures of me and some friends. You know one of these guys, but you know him grown up.

Love,

Miss Buttons

Note from Miss Cindy: I will post more of the pictures in separate posts a few at a time.

No comments: